Customs & Supply Chain
Bolliger & Company Consulting Limited
Level 25, Q House Lumpini Building, No.1 South Sathorn Road Tungmahamek, Sathorn, Bangkok 10120
Phone: + 662 625 6300 Fax: + 662 625 6311
DID: + 662 625 6300
Ms. Saowakon Sritongpanich
is a customs specialist, advising clients on customs and trade issues. She assists clients in negotiating with the Customs Department on customs issues, such as valuation, tariff code classification and duty refunds, as well as represent clients in settling cases with the Customs Department and in obtaining trade and investment privileges.
Her client experience covers a wide range of industries, including automotive, food, pharmaceuticals, consumer products, and tobacco. For the automotive industry, she has advised clients on valuation of imported cars, including advising on the difference between the Brussels Definition Valuation methodology and GATT methodology. She has assisted clients in reviewing their reporting system to the Thai Customs, as well as performed Customs Inventory audits. She has also provided advice to clients on locating their operations in Export Processing Zone, particularly on taking advantage of the privileges available to reduce the customs duty and excise tax payable, as well as proposing an appropriate cost structure subject to excise tax. In addition, she has successfully represented clients in settling liabilities when exiting a Board of Investment (“BOI”) project, and minimizing Customs penalties.
Prior to joining Bolliger & Company, she was a former assistant manager in the Tax & Legal Services Division of KPMG Thailand. She was a member of the team that conducted a review and assessment on the controlling systems of the entire Public Customs Bonded Warehouse in Thailand.
Bangkok University, Thailand, B.B.A., Finance
Customs Compliance & Advisory
- Conducted feasibility study and planned for the utilization of tax incentives granted by government sector to align with business category and industry of each client.
- Participated in review and assessment on the controlling systems of the entire Public Customs Bonded Warehouse in Thailand, in order to provide a report to Customs Department on strengths and weaknesses as well as recommendations for future improvement.
- Assisted in application for Free Zone establishment license and Free Zone operator license for clients in automotive industries, cosmetic industry, spectacle lens industry, as well as provided recommendation on planning for optimal utilization of Free Zone tax privilege for each industry.
- Provided recommendations on tax implications as well as rules and regulations of various government authorities such as Customs Department, Excise Department, Board of Investment of Thailand (“BOI”), Department of Foreign Trade, Ministry of Commerce.
- Assisted in the process of request for duty and excise tax refund, and advised clients in automotive industry, cosmetic industry, electronic industry in relation to eligibility criteria and conditions for duty and excise tax refund.
- Coordinated with Customs authorities to assist clients in the process of settling the case under Customs post-audit scheme and under investigation of the Investigation and Suppression team.
- Assisted the clients in application for investment promotion with the BOI, requested for approval of Max Stock, Master List of Machine, Formula and provided advice on guidelines for utilization of BOI privielges including importation of materials and stock balance in order to comply with BOI conditions and requirements.
- Represented clients in preparing and submitting manufacturing cost statements and applications for certificate of origin with the Department of Foreign Trade, Ministry of Commerce.
- Arranged seminars and training on general knowledges of customs rules and regulations as well as tax privileges for importer and exporter.
- Conducted a customs review for clients in various industries, particularly, automotive, chemicals, electronics, steels, etc. in order to ensure their compliance with customs requirements and identify risk exposures.
- Assisted clients in automotive industry to verify the local content percentage of finished vehicles removed from Free Zone for domestic sale, and provided recommendation to increase the local content to meet the 40 percent threshold.